Hearst, Senior Designer - Lifestyle
The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst Magazines UK is home to some of the world’s most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Country Living, ELLE Decoration, Prima, Red and House Beautiful.
We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
To support the Creative Directors and Art Editors to maintain the quality of work across Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima.
This is from initial design concept through to the final printed product for each. To design pages to suit the style of each brand, maintaining their brand identity always.
- Working with the Creative Directors, Art Editors and the Art Hub to ensure the design perfectly complements the editorial content and follows the house style whilst maintaining the individual style, design and look of each brand
- Support the Art Hub in the design and layouts of all pages
- Under the direction of the Creative Directors and Art Editors oversee junior designers and freelance designers
- Take direction from other members of the senior editorial team in the absence of the senior members of the Art hub
- Marking up pages to be sent to press and pre-media
- Checking colour proofs, ensuring pages are of an excellent standard and any corrections or instructions have been actioned when requested
- Retouching images and Scanning if needed and supporting the senior art team with general administrative tasks
- Attending shoots and Art Directing still life shoots where necessary
- Design regular pages, features and key bonus sections across all titles
- Attend art meetings and generate exciting ideas for layout of features and regular pages
- Commission illustrations, when appropriate and after approval from Creative Director
- Assist the advertising and promotions team with requests for their clients e.g dummy layouts
- To work with industry-standard toolsets to complete your work, as well as work within the proscribed processes of the structured workflow systems used to create editorial content
- Design for digital, events and brand marketing as necessary
- You will be required to undertake commercial editorial work as and when requested by the Company
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Fully adaptable – able to design across all titles on all multi-platform offerings
- Ability to build close working relationships with the entire team and completely understand the vision of each brand and become a strong team player.
- Enthusiasm and endless supply of new ideas
- A passionate approach to work
- The ability to think creatively
- A strong eye for detail
- The ability to be self-motivated
- The ability to think outside the box
- Experience working as a Designer on a publication in the consumer magazine market.
Click 'Apply' now.