Hearst UK Digital, Videographer - Health & Fitness
Hearst UK is looking for a talented and creative videographer to shoot, direct and edit video for our health and fitness brands, including Women’s Health & Men’s Health.
Reporting into the video lead, originals, the videographer will be responsible for creating beautifully shot and produced original video for these titles, that will delight their digital audiences.
Whether it be a practical workout how-to, an influencer interview, or developing a video concept for a feature, this person will create polished and engaging video to budget and brief.
Reports to: Video Lead, Originals
Main purpose of the job:
To be an integral part of the team producing industry-leading video content for hearst’s brands, with our health and fitness titles as the core focus.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Filming, directing and editing original video content for the health and fitness digital teams, from workout how-tos and mental health advice, to producing innovative and engaging video series.
- Assisting in the preparation of shoots, from storyboarding and prop planning, to venue sourcing and talent liaison, as well as ensuring we have the kit and set-up we need to get the desired result.
- Co-ordinating and running shoots, with either our internal team or with freelancers, and scaling projects to work within budget.
- Editing these shoots to a high standard within style guidelines, building graphics and sourcing music to create fully crafted video content from start to finish.
- Repurposing the above collateral into teasers, gifs, and square and vertical formats, to use across our many social media accounts.
- Working closely with editorial teams to develop ideas and execute them to the highest possible standards in the best possible format.
- Keeping a cool head under pressure, assisting with live event coverage when required and working on production and editing at a fast pace.
- Always forward-planning to create new and exciting video concepts our audiences will love.
- A proven track record of shooting and directing - co-ordinating shoots, scheduling shoots and working with talent/clients.
- A seemingly endless ability to generate concepts for standalone videos and series/franchises.
- Experience editing video using the likes of adobe premiere pro and/or final cut pro, with a library of previous experience that shows high quality, innovative video formats.
- Experience repurposing video into different social media formats is a plus.
- Photoshop and digital design knowledge preferred, to produce title cards and overlays on video.
- Experience filming workouts and working with celebrity talent preferred.
- Experience working on grittier, more documentary-style video is desirable but not essential.
- Basic experience hiring kit, scouting locations and other admin a definite plus.
- Ability to estimate cost and number of shoot days when ideating video concepts, making the most of budgets.
- Passionate about hearst’s brands, with the ability to change styles/aesthetics to suit different titles when required.
Click 'Apply' and please submit:
- Your CV (a brief cover letter is preferred but not essential)
- 3 examples of your work that you feel are relevant to this role
- A link to any showreels or portfolios you may have