Hearst UK Digital, Videographer - Luxury
REPORTS TO: Video Lead, Originals
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To be an integral part of the team producing industry-leading original video content for Hearst’s brands, with our luxury titles as the core focus.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Filming, directing and editing original video content for the Luxury digital teams, from beauty tutorials and magazine cover shoots, to producing innovative and engaging video series.
- Assisting in the preparation of shoots, from storyboarding and prop planning, to venue sourcing and talent liaison, as well as ensuring we have the kit and set-up we need to get the desired result.
- Co-ordinating and running shoots, with either our internal team or with freelancers, and scaling projects to work within budget.
- Editing these shoots to a high standard within style guidelines, building graphics and sourcing music to create fully crafted video content from start to finish.
- Repurposing the above collateral into teasers, GIFs, and square and vertical formats, to use across our many social media accounts.
- Working closely with editorial teams to develop ideas and execute them to the highest possible standards in the best possible format.
- Keeping a cool head under pressure, assisting with live event coverage when required and working on production and editing at a fast pace.
- Always forward-planning to create new and exciting video concepts our audiences will love.
- A proven track record of shooting and directing - co-ordinating shoots, scheduling shoots and working with talent/clients.
- A seemingly endless ability to generate concepts for standalone videos and series/franchises.
- Experience editing video using the likes of Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Final Cut Pro, with a library of previous experience that shows high quality, innovative video formats.
- Experience filming fashion shoots is a must, and of close-up beauty tutorials and how-tos preferred.
- Experience working with celebrity talent and/or filming on photo shoots preferred.
- Experience repurposing video into different social media formats is a plus.
- Photoshop and digital design knowledge preferred, to produce title cards and overlays on video.
- Basic experience hiring kit, scouting locations and other admin a definite plus.
- Ability to estimate cost and number of shoot days when ideating video concepts, making the most of budgets.
- Photography experience a definite plus, for shooting stills on shoots when required.
- Passionate about Hearst’s brands, with the ability to change styles/aesthetics to suit different titles when required.
Click 'Apply' and please submit:
- Your CV (a brief cover letter is preferred but not essential)
- 3 examples of your work that you feel are relevant to this role
- A link to any showreels or portfolios you may have