Bridging & Commercial Magazine, Senior Reporter
Medianett is a small but dynamic powerhouse, handling all aspects of media within specialist financial services.
Dealing primarily in the property lending sector, we cover a broad range of media-based products, including digital and print news publishing, advertising, and events.
Currently, we're looking for an ambitious senior reporter who is keen to make the next step in their career and grow into more responsibility.
The senior reporter will help drive our exclusive news and features coverage for our brand new bi-monthly Bridging & Commercial print magazine. They will also get involved with writing content across our three leading online B2B titles.
The role includes working closely with the editor and sub editor to manage deadlines and editorial strategy for the magazine.
Based in central London, our ideal candidate for this role is someone who is hard-working and driven by going out and getting exclusive news stories and interviews — with particular experience in print.
The senior reporter will need impeccable time management, IT and interpersonal skills and be able to source and write accurate and engaging news and features fit for print.
The senior reporter will be expected to represent the company in our key markets and build and develop relationships and contacts.
They will also help to manage our junior reporters to ensure they meet their deadlines for the magazine.
Our new senior reporter will work as part of a friendly and enthusiastic team, writing about all aspects of specialist finance, which could include anything from how politics and the economy is affecting the specialist finance market, to peer-to-peer and challenger banking.
What might a typical day look like?
- Pitching feature and interview ideas to the editor and securing exclusive news in advance of future magazine issues
- Writing, and editing when needed, both short and larger, leading features to tight deadlines for the magazine
- Contributing to setting the news agenda for the magazine and, if needed, across the online portfolio
- Building strong, long-term relationships with key companies and individuals within the industry
- Ensuring all content adheres to our high standards and are error-free
- Play an important role in the company’s development – we like to launch something new every year and we would love your input
- Coming up with supplement content ideas and contributing to design and layout briefs
- Being responsible for your own diary – we want you to be arranging regular meetings and conducting interviews with key industry figures for the magazine
- Getting invited to exciting industry events/dinners and awards ceremonies
Hours will be 8:30am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday. We offer 20 days’ holiday per year and usually close for a week over Christmas.
What's a must?
- NCTJ-qualified – shorthand is preferable. Media law is a must.
- At least two years’ experience as a reporter – trade publication/magazine experience is preferable
- Strong communication skills
- Can write high-quality, thought-provoking articles and identify when a story doesn’t stand up and what needs to be done to meet the deadlines
- Able to spot literal or grammatical errors quickly
- A strong interest in finance, property, the economy and politics
- Journalism/English degree or equivalent preferable, but not a necessity
- Thorough knowledge and command of IT
- A fantastic feature writer
- A positive attitude, solution-driven, and willingness to learn and continually enhance sector understanding
- Great at managing time for larger, research-driven article assignments
- Be a team player and leader
If this sounds like something for which you're suited, we would love to hear from you - apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Bridging & Commercial Magazine, Senior Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly