The Telegraph, Economics Reporter
The Telegraph business team covers everything from FTSE 100 companies to the best of the UK's small businesses, from house price data to macro-economic statistics, and everything in between.
This role requires an economics reporter working to deliver a strong portfolio of digital and print products.
The principal focus of this role will be on macro-economic news and trends, including currency fluctuations, in the UK, the Eurozone and globally.
- Reporting on breaking economics news stories, including currencies and data.
- Writing engaging features and in-depth explainers.
- Ensuring fast and accurate filing of stories.
- Developing contacts with key policymakers and economists.
- Responsible for helping to maximize digital subscriptions through concise and interesting storytelling.
Essential skills required for the role:
- Strong interest in economics.
- Highly numerically literate - able to spot stories from raw data.
- Demonstrable proof of the ability to tell stories in a concise but interesting way.
- Digitally savvy - understanding of digital storytelling and optimisation of content through social media and SEO.
Additional skills useful for the role:
- Experience of covering either business and/or economic news in a newspaper, newswire or digital environment is ideal.
- Ability to generate regular off-story ideas for news and features.
Click 'Apply' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.