The Telegraph, Assistant Planning Editor
The Assistant Planning Editor will support the Deputy Editor, Telegraph.co.uk (Planning) in the coordination of day-to-day newsgathering departments of the Telegraph under the direction of the Editor, Telegraph.co.uk.
You'll ensure delivery of planned coverage on events across all Telegraph desks and maintain accurate daily and weekly diaries and track delivery of promised content from departments where appropriate.
- Assist the Deputy Editor, Telegraph.co.uk (Planning) in the planning and implementation of special projects on the delivery of major events coverage. Where appropriate, the Deputy Editor, Telegraph.co.uk (Planning) will assign sole responsibility of event planning to the Assistant Planning Editor.
- Support the Deputy Editor, Telegraph.co.uk (Planning) in the planning of daily coverage - including regular communication with all departments throughout the newsroom and chairing meetings.
- Maintain accurate daily and weekly planning diaries which will allow the Deputy Editor, Telegraph.co.uk (Planning) to identify key daily events that will require cross departmental and cross platform co-ordination.
- Assist in the delivery of specialist digital elements of pre-planned coverage, through content creation, video, audio, visual storytelling and relationship management with the various departments across the newsroom.
- Help track delivery of daily output on the big stories of the day, as agreed at 8:30am conference.
- Communicate information to the editorial floor in a concise and constructive way.
Essential skills required for the role:
- Excellent editorial judgement as a member of the planning team.
- Experience of and exposure to different types of news content and what makes this successful.
- Outstanding communication skills – able to influence others.
- Excellent command of social media and SEO skills, as well as a growing understanding of video.
- Command of the platforms on which The Telegraph publishes - and their audiences.
- Willingness to learn about new platforms and techniques.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
Additional skills useful for the role:
- Experience in a busy online newsroom and of writing digital content.
- Basic understanding of and experience of audience analytics tools.
- Ability to work as a part of a team and building good relationships internally.
Click 'Apply' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.