Senior Producer - Overnight, The Telegraph - CA
The Senior Producer (Overnight) will be based in San Francisco, and will ensure Telegraph.co.uk and the Telegraph’s other digital and social platforms present a compelling offer for our audience overnight.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a self-starter to play a leading role in steering The Telegraph’s digital coverage across multiple platforms.
You’ll do everything from writing breaking news stories, liveblogs and features, to producing video, editing the homepage and being in charge of our main social accounts.
There will be times when this person is in sole charge of our platforms so it means taking a lot of responsibility and being involved in big decisions which will enhance your career. This role is also a great opportunity to work and live in the United States.
- Support Assistant Editor TCUK (Overnight) by ensuring the delivery of engaging, rich and compelling overnight content that reflects the Telegraph’s values and develops the Telegraph’s audience and engagement.
- Maintain strong levels of communication with the news, business, sport, culture and video desks in London and the technology desk in San Francisco to ensure the overnight commissioning process is coordinated and to the benefit of the business.
- Ensure the latest news, foreign, finance, sports, culture, picture and video content is produced and published overnight, monitoring news wires, other websites, overnight newspapers, social media and search trends. Work closely with the Assistant News Editor based in Sydney to achieve this.
- Ensure that all content matches the Telegraph’s high quality of digital publishing.
- Ensure the maintenance of the Telegraph.co.uk homepage, live app and main social accounts are to a high standard.
- Draft detailed handover notes for the desk in London and suggest ideas to expand coverage.
Essential skills required for the role:
- Experience of a fast-moving news environment, commissioning and reporting.
- Sound news judgment and a wide ranging interest in journalism.
- Significant experience of digital publishing.
- Thorough command of social media and SEO.
- Experience of choosing, writing, editing and publishing pictures and video.
Additional skills useful for the role:
- Understanding of analytics tools and how these influence commissioning and promotion plans.
- Understanding and experience of the different content types and subject areas that make up a diverse website such as TCUK.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with editors and journalists.
Click 'Apply' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.