The Telegraph, Technology Reporter
7 days left
- Full Time
The Technology Reporter will be part of a team who are helping to establish The Telegraph as Britain’s leading publisher of technology journalism.
- Working as part of the Technology Intelligence team of journalists to produce The Telegraph’s technology content primarily for the website and the newspaper.
- Based in London, you will work to tight deadlines, breaking stories, writing features and commentary, conducting interviews, curating live blogs, creating videos, graphics and Snapchat content.
- You will bring in exclusive stories, have ideas on how to take stories on and generally how improve the quality of Telegraph technology coverage
- Areas you will be expected to cover include: AI; FAANG (Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google); entrepreneurship, including the London, European and Israeli start-up scenes; cybersecurity; political technology - use and abuse; medtech and transport tech (driverless cars and space rockets)
- You will work with the homepage, social media and SEO teams to help promote the technology team’s digital output.
Essential skills required for the role:
- Good writing skills, a hunger to learn and improve and finely tuned journalistic instincts
- Have experience of working in a newspaper, news wire, specialist publication or digital environment.
- Experience of planning and producing agenda-setting content across all platforms.
- Familiar with new technology and its effects on businesses and society
Additional skills useful for the role:
- A strong visual sense and the ability to use video and graphics as well as pictures
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the different types of digital storytelling
- Highly numerically literate - able to turn raw data into a concise news story.
Click 'Apply' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.