Deputy head/Senior manager of editorial & social media
Oxford-based Fast Track is looking for a talented content editor and writer interested in working in a small, fast-paced research company to research, write about and build credible relationships with the UK’s top entrepreneurs and our sponsors. You will join as a senior member of our 15-strong research and editorial team.
It would suit a bright graduate with at least four years' relevant business writing and research experience; some of which could have been gained at university on a relevant course and/or paid-internship.
This is an expanded role due to our increased research, writing and editorial needs, after gaining new sponsors such as Santander and Oracle Netsuite, and the requirement for extra deliverables for our existing sponsors, ranging from researching and writing sponsor articles and company profiles in our seven annual supplements in The Sunday Times to keynote speaker profiles and content for our social media.
The role & responsibilities
- Editorial: support and cover for our editorial director, including helping manage the team and adding strategic and practical input into our extensive written output
- Content: conduct telephone and face-to-face interviews with the founders and directors of private companies to write succinct company profiles, as well as for written and video case studies for our sponsors
- Knowledge of business: preferably of private companies and entrepreneurs in the UK, and a good knowledge of company accounts and relevant financials
- Account handling: help service our blue-chip sponsors, including writing their articles in our supplements and judging awards
- Learning culture: experience managing people; and help drive our learning culture of continuous improvement
Click 'Apply' now for more details and information on how to apply.
About Fast Track
Fast Track, founded in 1997, is the UK’s leading research and networking events company focused on top-performing entrepreneurs and private companies.
Based in Central Oxford with c26 staff, we publish seven annual league table supplements with The Sunday Times, ranking the fastest-growing to the biggest private companies. We also organise and run over 30+ invitation-only networking awards events and alumni dinners a year for their entrepreneurial directors to meet each other and our sponsors, who want to do new business with them. Our sole source of revenue is from our blue-chip sponsors.
Our sponsors include: Virgin (all 22 yrs); HSBC, Lloyds, PwC, and UBS Wealth Management (15+ yrs); Barclays, BDO, Hiscox, Grant Thornton and Virgin Atlantic (10+ yrs); BGF, BMW and Linklaters (5+ yrs); DHL and N+1 Singer (3 yrs); and Oracle Netsuite and Santander (1 yr).