Newsweek, SEO / Marketing Writer
REPORTS TO: London Bureau Chief
The SEO / Marketing Writer will have a wide remit, covering a variety of subjects but should nevertheless have one or two specialist areas.
Newsweek’s London Bureau is made up of a team of enthusiastic journalists who have the ability to work quickly to meet the needs of our readers and who have a good eye for a great story. The SEO/Marketing Writer will consequently love to work in a collaborative environment.
- Writing quality content for publication on Newsweek.com and Newsweek;
- Researching content, fact and source checking;
- Working with editors to ensure your work meets house style;
- Developing original ideas and planning coverage of upcoming news events;
- Promoting your work on social media platforms;
- Ensuring the quality of the content is of the highest possible standard;
- Perform any other reasonable duties as necessary to meet the needs of the employer's business.
- Ability to effectively identify, write, and optimize SEO-rich content for the web that has a lasting audience;
- Cover a wide range of content, but with a focus on service, evergreen, and emerging trends content;
- Strong knowledge of search engine optimization practices including keyword research and application, optimized urls, and topic tag architecture;
- Prior experience with content creation and content marketing;
- Familiar with Google Analytics and Google Data Studio;
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in a reporting role for a reputable organisation;
- Excellent knowledge of a broad range of news topics, including U.S. politics and/or foreign affairs;
- The ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Good understanding of digital analytics;
- The ability to turn complex ideas into clear, engaging copy.
- Knowledge of U.S. media landscape; familiarity with U.S. current events;
- Ability to write using American English; some knowledge of AP style guide;
- Basic knowledge of SEO, SMO principles and strategies.
Apply by completing the application form below.