Medianett, Editorial Assistant
Medianett is a small but dynamic powerhouse, handling all aspects of media within specialist financial services.
Dealing primarily in the property lending sector, we cover a broad range of media-based products, including digital and print news publishing, advertising, and events.
Currently, we're looking for an ambitious copywriter to help drive our online news coverage across our three leading B2B titles, and our brand new bi-monthly print magazine.
Based in central London, our ideal candidate for this role is someone who is hard-working and driven by researching and uncovering stories. Impeccable time management, IT and interpersonal skills are a must, as well as being able to source and write accurate and engaging news fit for online and print.
Our new editorial assistant will work as part of a friendly and enthusiastic team, writing about all aspects of specialist finance, which could include anything from how politics and the economy is affecting the specialist finance market, to planning policy and affordable housing.
All employees have access to Perkbox where you can benefit from a range of discounts on retail, lifestyle and health buys. We are a friendly bunch who enjoy socialising at lunch or going for a pint - and we have an office puppy!
What's a must?
- NCTJ-qualified - shorthand is preferable. Media law is a must.
- Journalism experience is preferable, however we would consider talented journalism graduates
- The ability to conduct thorough research, follow briefs and write high-quality news articles
- An understanding of Google Analytics
- An interest in finance, property, the economy and politics
- Thorough knowledge and command of IT and experience using a CMS
- A positive attitude, solution-driven, and willingness to learn
- Great at managing time for daily/weekly and more time-consuming bi-monthly article assignments
- Be a team player
What might a typical day look like?
- Lead searching in the morning
- Writing both short and feature-length stories to tight deadlines
- Investigating and researching concepts and ideas for the senior reporters within the team
- Transcribing interviews and audio from events
- Contacting key figures within the industry for comment
- Uploading content and setting up newsletters
- Conducting monthly site audits across our portfolio to enhance user experience
- Creating weekly stats reports on website traffic and readership trends
Hours will be 8:30am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
If this sounds like something for which you're suited, we would love to hear from you - apply by completing the application form below.