Cedar Communications, Acting Deputy Editor - Maternity Cover
4 days left
- Full Time
One of the UK’s biggest retail customer magazines is looking to hire a Deputy Editor to cover maternity leave, starting at the beginning of April 2019. The role is for a 4-day week. While this is primarily a print-based role, digital experience is incredibly valuable and will be required for the position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years editorial experience working at a senior level in content marketing or a similar environment.
- A strong lifestyle background, but will also be able to demonstrate keen knowledge of the food retail industry.
- The ability to demonstrate cross-channel planning and execution.
- Be able to lead a busy team on tight deadlines.
- Working with the editor to brainstorm seasonal and monthly ideas, with a focus on lifestyle (home, fashion, beauty, wellbeing).
- Presenting concepts to the client alongside the editor on a monthly and ad-hoc basis.
- Commissioning and editing features for the lifestyle section of the magazine, using our regular writers as well as your own contacts.
- Raising POs and commissioning forms for your freelancers.
- Working with the art team to ensure editorial concepts work seamlessly with design for both print and digital.
- Seeing pages through to final proofs.
- Working with the wider team to oversee the smooth coordination of product nominations and samples for shoots.
- Acting as editorial lead on print and digital quarterly homes content. This would involve working with a wider team on editorial strategy, brainstorming ideas and copywriting.
Closing date for CVs is Monday 25 February.
Please complete the application form below to send in a cover letter, a copy of your CV and relevant examples of your work.
Please note that only those who have got through to the initial interview stage will be contacted.
Apply for Cedar Communications, Acting Deputy Editor - Maternity Cover
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly