Cedar Communications, Acting Deputy Editor - Maternity Cover
One of the UK’s biggest retail customer magazines is looking to hire a Deputy Editor to cover maternity leave, starting at the beginning of April 2019. The role is for a 4-day week. While this is primarily a print-based role, digital experience is incredibly valuable and will be required for the position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years editorial experience working at a senior level in content marketing or a similar environment.
- A strong lifestyle background, but will also be able to demonstrate keen knowledge of the food retail industry.
- The ability to demonstrate cross-channel planning and execution.
- Be able to lead a busy team on tight deadlines.
- Working with the editor to brainstorm seasonal and monthly ideas, with a focus on lifestyle (home, fashion, beauty, wellbeing).
- Presenting concepts to the client alongside the editor on a monthly and ad-hoc basis.
- Commissioning and editing features for the lifestyle section of the magazine, using our regular writers as well as your own contacts.
- Raising POs and commissioning forms for your freelancers.
- Working with the art team to ensure editorial concepts work seamlessly with design for both print and digital.
- Seeing pages through to final proofs.
- Working with the wider team to oversee the smooth coordination of product nominations and samples for shoots.
- Acting as editorial lead on print and digital quarterly homes content. This would involve working with a wider team on editorial strategy, brainstorming ideas and copywriting.
Closing date for CVs is Monday 25 February.
Please complete the application form below to send in a cover letter, a copy of your CV and relevant examples of your work.
Please note that only those who have got through to the initial interview stage will be contacted.