The Telegraph, Business Reporter
The Telegraph is looking for an ambitious journalist to join its growing business team as an early reporter.
The Telegraph business team covers everything from FTSE 100 companies to the best of the UK's small businesses, from house price data to macro-economic statistics, and everything in between.
The principal focus of the business reporter will be to cover the early part of the day, producing strong, interesting business content which will work as well digitally as it does in print. The role will involve the coverage of a variety of areas of the corporate and economic world, and may include a specialism at some point.
Applicants will need to have an acute news sense and be demonstrable self-starters. They will also need to be numerically literate, team players, and digitally savvy.
- Reporting on breaking news stories and covering major corporate and economic events as they happen.
- Monitoring the wires and corporate announcements, and writing stories based on these.
- Ensuring fast and accurate filing of copy.
- Having the versatility to cover a range of business subject areas.
- Responsible for helping to maximise digital traffic through concise and interesting storytelling.
Essential skills required for the role
- Experience of reporting on news and developing stories on digital and print platforms.
- Demonstrable proof of the ability to tell stories in a concise but interesting way.
- Experience of covering either business and/or economic news in a newspaper, newswire or digital environment.
- Highly numerically literate.
- Digitally savvy - understanding of digital storytelling and optimisation of content through social media and SEO.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Ability to spot stories and opportunities from raw data.
Click 'Apply' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.