EducationInvestor Global, Deputy Editor
EducationInvestor Global, the leading business-to-business title geared at operators, investors, lenders and advisors working in the private education sector, is seeking a new Deputy Editor to help drive the fast-paced development of the publication and brand.
Under the Editor’s direction, the Deputy Editor will be responsible for managing EducationInvestor Global’s day-to-day editorial operations, and assisting in the development of new products and media outlets.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an engaged, organised and hard-working individual seeking to diversify their skills portfolio and contact book who has experience in breaking and reporting news; interviewing and feature writing; commissioning and managing specialist writers; and content development.
The role would suit a senior reporter or equivalent looking to take the next important step in their career.
About Investor Publishing and EducationInvestor Global:
Investor Publishing produces a portfolio of B2B publications, specialist business information services, and targeted events to investors, advisors and operators in global education and healthcare markets.
EducationInvestor Global aims to inform and facilitate progress within the education industry.
The publication tracks and analyses key trends and the performance of businesses in the global education and skills sector; disseminates information on market-moving dynamics that is utilised in boardroom discussions; offers analysis and commentary on economic and political issues impacting markets and sub-sectors within them; and helps demystify complex issues, such as policy and regulatory change.
As a specialist title, EducationInvestor Global tracks M&A deals across all sub-sectors, maintains a comprehensive archive of company financial results, and keeps readers informed of the latest executive personnel moves.
Deputy Editor role and responsibilities:
The Deputy Editor will work closely with the Editor to:
- Ensure that news coverage is global, comprehensive in scope, distributed and balanced
- Input on monthly content and annual feature planning
- Provide them with research support for event development
- Help develop new content samples and templates for new products.
The Deputy Editor is directly responsible for:
- The sourcing, editing and production of daily news output
- The production of EducationInvestor Global’s weekly newsletter
- Meeting regularly and cultivating relationships with industry contacts with the aim of extracting information to break exclusive news stories on market activity
- Writing several features for each issue of the magazine
- Production of the news, deals, company results, and executive moves sections of each issue of the magazine (with support from the reporter)
- Copy-editing, proofing and checking all published output
- Editing and proofing of event marketing copy as required
- Attending and networking, live social media and post hoc reporting of EducationInvestor Global and external events to generate content for the publication.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Have at least two years’ experience in B2B journalism
- Be comfortable interviewing C-level executives
- Have impeccable communication skills
- Possess excellent forward-planning and time-management skills
- Be well-organised, efficient and flexible
- Be capable of multi-tasking, often under tight and stringent deadlines
- Be a confident networker.
Requirements for application:
Please submit applications to Vernon Baxter, Managing Director, and Josh O’Neill, Editor, with a cover letter in and a CV by completing the application form below.
References will be taken up following a second interview.
Apply for EducationInvestor Global, Deputy Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly