SWNS, Features Writer
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the features team at SWNS - the UK’s largest and most reputable independent news agency.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Sourcing and pitching real-life stories to women’s magazines including Take a Break, Closer, Bella and Woman's Own among others
- Generating and writing newspaper exclusives for titles such as The Sun, The Daily Mirror and The Daily Mail and many more
- Arranging for interviewees to appear on TV programmes such as This Morning and Good Morning Britain
We are looking for a confident, switched-on writer who loves sourcing their own stories and is hungry to land exclusives every day.
They will be maximising our existing content, developing their own exclusive material and managing relationships with clients and publishers.
The features team also work closely with our news desk to develop stories which come through our in-house story sourcing websites, as well as other online sources.
The ideal candidate will be able to turn tips into exclusives and great features for our the women's magazines, national newspapers and online publishers.
Previous experience of local newspaper or agency journalism is ideal, however we will consider all exceptional candidates.
We are looking for someone who is social-media savvy with bags of enthusiasm and a desire to write the best stories.
Most of our reporters go on to jobs on national newspapers and women's magazines within a year or two – so we need a journalist with big ambition who can hit the ground running.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a respected agency and work on the biggest stories in a highly competitive patch. We offer a competitive salary and unrivalled career prospects.
The role is based in our Bristol headquarters and will be largely office based.
All applicants must:
- Have writing experience
- Social media content gathering skills
- Be confident and personable with the ability to quickly strike a rapport with people, particularly over the phone
- Have a sharp eye for a story and the competitive drive to develop them
- Be a fast learner with bags of energy who is willing to jump in t the deep end
- Be organised and able to self-manage
- NCTJ or similar qualification
- Driving licence and own car
If you’re ready for the challenge, please complete the application form below to send a covering letter and CV via email to Features Editor Harriet Rose-Gale.
Closing date: Friday 22 February.
Apply for SWNS, Features Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly