Reach Solutions, Content Commercialisation Editor
7 days left
- Full Time
Reach Solutions is looking to appoint a Content Commercialisation Editor to join our team here in Canary Wharf.
This is no ordinary journalist position, and sits directly within the commercial business side of our business, so experience in a similar role is essential.
We are looking for an experienced and creative writer who can create editorial articles that integrate commerce and content, in order to directly generate revenue.
We are Reach because it's what we do
Reach plc is the largest national and regional news publisher in the UK, with influential and iconic brands such as mirror.co.uk, the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, Daily Star, OK! and market leading regional titles and websites including the Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail and Bristol Post.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and we have a bigger online monthly audience than all our competitors including Mail Online and News UK.
Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Work within a small and exciting team to create range of high quality, interesting and engaging affiliate content and drive direct revenue for our tech vertical.
- Collaborate with the wider tech team to create editorial that integrates commerce and content and maximises reach.
- Act as an evangelist for the concept of content commercialisation within the wider business and provide support and best practice guidelines to wider editorial teams where required.
- Confidently leading by example with the creation of high quality, successful editorial content in a fast-paced environment.
- Supporting the commercial partnerships team by creating compelling content that drives users to our partner services.
- Track revenue and conversion of content created and provide reports and insights for the wider tech teams
- Confidently use branded social media platforms to promote content
The Ideal Candidate
- Solid writing ability with proven experience in journalism (minimum of 1.5 years).
- A solid understanding and passion for technology and gaming with a strong knowledge of all the biggest topics and latest products.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and be flexible with working hours - some weekends would be preferable.
- Use your PR contacts to gather the best stories, exclusive news and best technology deals.
- Good SEO knowledge and an ability to generate daily stories using the latest search trends is a must.
- You should be a 'data guru' and be able to interpret a range of analytical tools and data to maximise the commercial conversion on your content.
- Experience of using data tools like Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite Semrush or similar favourable.
- Good design sense and basic Photoshop skills are advantageous.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer.
These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'Apply' now.