Women's Health, Beauty Editor
The Beauty Editor is responsible for originating and writing innovative, attention-grabbing and practical beauty features for Women’s Health, using their extensive knowledge of the beauty market to maintain a high quality of editorial content.
They will work closely with the commercial department to develop beauty-themed events and advertorials, plus be an ambassador for the brand at launches and events.
- Research, write and style all beauty features for the magazine and contribute to digital platforms
- Oversee and take responsibility for the Beauty Lab section of the magazine
- Work alongside the Art Director and Picture Director to create outstanding beauty shoots
- Conceive, research and write editorial material for WH supplements as directed by the Deputy Editor or Editor-In-Chief
- Proofread all pages of the magazine within the normal editorial process
- Manage the annual WH Beauty Awards, from amassing products, communicating with brands and overseeing the judging process
- Have confidence working with commercial and advertising teams in tandem with editorial requirements
- You will be expected to represent the magazine outside the office and regularly outside office hours
- Demonstrable experience as a senior member of a beauty team in a commercial magazine environment
- The ability to build close working relationships with the entire Women’s Health team and completely understand the vision of Women’s Health
- First-rate writing skills with an ability to consistently deliver fresh, new and exciting ideas
- Superlative contacts in the beauty world
- Adaptable approach to hours of work where required
- Passion, enthusiasm and an endless supply of new ideas
- Excellent team player, willing to contribute to tasks outside of this job description
- Good timekeeping and an ability to multitask and meet deadlines
Click 'Apply' and please send your CV, covering letter and some examples of your work.