Women's Health, Junior Fitness Editor
REPORTS TO: DEPUTY EDITOR
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
You will be responsible for the writing (and some commissioning/editing) of fitness and workout content across the magazine, particularly the Best Body section.
Covering short news pieces, expert columns and full instructional workout features, this role is the primary source of training and fitness content for the print publication with a focus on representing Women’s Health at fitness launches and events and generating ideas on the next big training trends.
The desire and agility to work across all sections of the brand is a requirement, ranging from celebrity profiles and longer-form features, to the contribution to WH social media accounts. An active engagement with the fitness and wellness industry is essential.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generating ideas and writing copy for the fitness pages
- Editing filed copy to fit the structure and tone required
- Attending fitness launches and new classes as an ambassador of WH
- Working with picture and art departments on visuals and layout
- Liaising with the digital team to provide social media content as and when necessary
- Working closely with commercial teams on advertorials and other revenue diversification projects, including events
Planning and Organising: Planning content for your section and managing your workload to ensure copy is filed to meet editorial deadlines and standards.
Internal Relationships: Working closely with other departments across the brand to produce quality products.
External Relationships: Representing Women’s Health’s interests with relevant brands and companies and at fitness industry events.
- Excellent writing style
- A good working knowledge of the fitness industry
- An understanding of the WH reader in relation to training
- Creative and forward thinking
- Motivated by and works well in a team environment
Please click 'Apply' with your CV, cover letter and some examples of your work.