Hearst, Consumer Affairs Editor - Lifestyle Hub | Job Share - 2 Days PW
MAGAZINE / BRAND:
Good Housekeeping, Red, Prima REPORTS TO: Consumer Affairs Director, Hearst Lifestyle Driven by the desire to help, advise, inform and empower.
We’re looking for an experienced commissioning and editing journalist with experience in consumer affairs, personal finance or news for Hearst Lifestyle’s busy consumer department, working across print and digital, Good Housekeeping, Red, Prima and our new Financially Fabulous initiative.
JOB PURPOSE / PERSON SPECIFICATION:
The role requires excellent commissioning, editing and writing skills, a high degree of editorial accuracy and integrity, and strong management abilities for working with the consumer affairs team and the Good Housekeeping Institute test team.
Ideally you already have digital expertise (SEO, social media, CMS savvy), are a confident team player and have a great sense of humour and are a constant source of topical, relevant ideas.
Consumer affairs and money have long been Cinderella areas of women’s lifestyle but all that’s changed – we’re looking for someone who gets that and could demonstrate real skills and a proven track record for bringing these challenging topics to a range of consumer audiences.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- •Deputise and support the Consumer Affairs Director across the brand
- Work hand in glove with the other consumer affairs editor to ensure a smooth transition of work and that deadlines are always met
- Commission, edit and write to daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Manage the daily running and deadlines of the consumer team
- Manage editorial output of the Good Housekeeping Institute
- To work with other departments to produce specialist content
- To oversee the budgets
- Commission, write and edit our digital output
Click 'Apply' and please submit your CV, cover letter and completed task (below).
Please give two ideas - a short piece that would work for our Ask Our Experts section in Good Housekeeping magazine and a consumer affairs feature suitable for a longer piece.