TB Cardew, Senior Account Executive
TB Cardew is an independent financial and corporate PR consultancy, and now has an opportunity for a senior account executive with good experience in the industry to join us in a full-time, permanent position within our team in London.
We offer a range of corporate and financial communication services to our clients, from day-to-day management of relations with the business and financial media and sell-side analysts, through to high profile and complex communications around transformational transactions such as IPOs and mergers. In all of these, the management of our clients’ reputation is central to our work.
Our clients range from FTSE businesses to prominent, growing businesses across a variety of sectors. They value the quality of our work and, crucially, the results we achieve.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and driven personality with a desire to play a valuable role in a growing business, and who envisages working here as a career.
We would generally expect the following:
- superior analytical and administrative capabilities
- an ability to think independently and creatively, and take initiatives, with sound judgement
- an ability to manage client accounts well, with high standards of organisation and attention to detail
- good presentation skills, both written and verbal
- an ability to build strong relationships and to build confidence amongst others, both externally and internally
- an emerging network of contacts with journalists, brokers and analysts
- good basic financial knowledge and understanding of markets/financial transactions and the regulatory framework, and familiarity with PLC reporting structures
- an ability to operate in a number of sectors, on retained accounts and projects alike, across the spectrum of communications issues
- a good understanding of social media and trends
- eligibility to work in the UK at the point at which the role commences
The role of a Senior Account Executive is to:
- establish an in-depth working knowledge of clients and their business objectives and relevant wider industry issues, acting as clients’ day-to-day point of contact
- develop a working relationship with clients, the media and other advisers
- drive the teams on accounts, and implement work programmes to support clients’ business objectives, prioritising and delegating tasks
- substitute for other team members when necessary
- oversee the production of client contact and progress reports
- lead in preparing, organising and handling announcement days and client events
- independently write press releases and financial statements, and attend press launches
- promote news stories both over the phone and in person to appropriate media
- oversee the collation and analysis of media coverage, and the organisation of meetings and conference calls with the media and analysts, and the preparation of press distribution lists
- lead in producing analyst feedback documents, providing recommendations and strategic advice
- liaise with other advisers to discuss PR and IR strategies for clients
- oversee the logistical aspects of a possible crisis situation
- participate in new business activities
If you would like to be considered for the role, please send your CV and a covering letter by completing the application form below.