Utopia Kitchen & Bathrooms, Editor
Media 10 is an Events and Publishing business, with its HQ based in Loughton, Essex. From humble beginnings as a team of 10 back in 2003 (We’re Media 10 for a reason!) we’re now a line-up of over 275 people across the UK, China and South Africa.
We pride ourselves on producing content and experiences that win hearts, minds - and awards! Whether that’s in the form of an exhibition, website, magazine or digital platform- we create, develop and deliver it in-house - down to the very last detail. Our knowledge of the industry is unrivaled, our passion infectious and our parties legendary!
We have a robust 3 -year global expansion plan in place, and as a result offer a great working environment and some of the best career advancement opportunities in the industry for ambitious, hardworking individuals.
Editor - The Role
The 'Utopia' Brand was created in 2007, but having just launched as a digital platform our new editor will play a key role in shaping the trajectory of Utopia from a digital perspective, as well coming up with new ideas to push creative boundaries for the print side.
We're looking for someone with a rich background in Consumer magazines for this role, who has a keen personal interest in Homes & Interiors and of course, all things social media and digital!
On a day to day this role will see you create compelling multi-platform content, working closely with our wider in-house editorial, digital development and marketing teams to see things through to fruition.
This is a great opportunity for someone ambitious to take the next step up to Editor, working on one of the most loved B2C titles on our roster.
Editor - Key Responsibilities:
- Plan, author, and source content for magazine, website and social platforms to drive audience growth and engagement
- Coordinate online and print publishing schedules and oversee all branded content areas
- Oversee design (layout, artwork, photography etc)
- Final edit and approval of stories and features
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements
- Manage, develop, and grow social media content and audience
- Occupy a prominent position in the kitchen and bathroom industry to confidently represent the brand at external events
- Work closely with the advertising sales department to achieve business objectives
- Strong writing/editing experience in a similar environment (print, online, social)
- Determined self-starter with drive, ambition, positive attitude, commercial awareness and strong communication skills at the highest level
- Ability to work hands-on, prioritise, multi-task and be a pro-active problem solver
- Hands-on experience with standard print and digital publishing tools (eg MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, CMS systems)
Editor - About You
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience creating content for print as well as digital / social media ideally.
- A portfolio of strong writing
- Ability to evolve ideas to the printed page
- Excellent organisational and personal skills
- Familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to think creatively
- Willingness to travel both within UK and overseas
Why Media 10?
On top of a competitive salary and family orientated team environment, our additional perks include:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company pension plan
- Free tickets to all our events for you, friends and family
- Free magazines from our portfolio and a 50% discount on all subscriptions
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounts in local stores
- Free eye tests and subsidised glasses
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Bonuses tied to length of service
- The Media 10 awards. Every year, you vote for the winners - who are then whisked off to an all-day lunch with our CEO.
- Two HUGE parties at Christmas and in the summer. Check out our Instagram for more details.
- Fruit 24/7
Think you've got what it takes to be our next Editor? Complete the application form below and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch - we can't wait to hear from you!
Apply for Utopia Kitchen & Bathrooms, Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly