The Sun, Contributions Assistant - Part Time
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
We are looking for a part time Contributions Assistant to join our team at The Sun on a contract basis.
This is a heavily focused data administrative role and you will provide professional organisational support to the department.
Your tasks primarily will include inputting lineage and picture payments to contributors to The Sun and ensuring payments are accurate and timely, dealing with any payments queries and assisting with the smooth running of the desks payment administrative tasks.
You will also ensure all required duties are completed for our finance desk. This will include regular communication with Contributors, Columnists, Finance, Agents and the Managing Editors' Office.
Day to day you will:
- Manage the process of inputting lineage & Picture payments via the SAP based internal payment system (ECS).
- Process compliance requirements for all payments
- Process accounts payable invoices
- Manager/oversee payments for the desk and reporters
- Deal with queries from agencies and freelancers - liaise with internal and external accounts departments
- Provide cover for the Desk PA and other Desk Contributor Administrators as required the answering and/or redirecting of relevant enquiries
- Work closely with Finance and the Managing Editor's office where necessary to ensure a smooth beginning to end payment process
- Logging overnight traffic data Daily
- Ensure department is working within News UK and News Corp Payments Policy compliance guidelines
What we're looking for from you:
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- An ability to adapt to a changing work environment as required
- Punctual and is always prepared to put in extra time and effort where necessary
- Able to work off own initiative or as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft office packages, especially Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Google mail
- Track record of having delivered excellent admin support and services
- Sociable and able to quickly build rapport with colleagues
- A passion to be part of The Sun
- Highly organised
- Personable and professional
- Confident Communicator
- Expects and enjoys change, challenge and innovation
- Looking to progress with the role and build a future career within The Sun/News UK
As well as being calm and having an appreciation and interest of journalism, you'll be self-motivated, highly organised and pay a lot of attention to detail. You will need to be a good communicator and numerically literate.
Ideally, you will have experience with working in a fast paced, active working environment and are looking to eventually progress within the role and in time, look to further your career within the company.
Apply by completing the application form below.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual's potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.