Investment Week, Journalist
Investment Week's award-winning editorial team is looking for a journalist with experience of financial journalism that can join them in uncovering exclusive news stories as well as producing data-led features and analysis. This is an exciting role with excellent opportunities for quick progression.
Investment Week provides the latest investment news, analysis and opinion for wealth managers and the UK funds industry and has been the premier publication for the investment industry for more than 20 years. The print and digital editions serve investment professionals in the UK and are read by key decision-makers such as chief investment officers, multi-managers, investment gatekeepers and wealth managers https://www.investmentweek.co.uk
Incisive Media is an award winning information provider, serving a wide range of financial, business technology and professional services markets globally. As AOP's ' Digital Publisher of the Year' for four year's we are an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media with a culture that we're proud of and flexible working opportunities.
Incisive Media is a fantastic place to start or progress your career.
What you will be doing
- Build a good knowledge of a wide range of industry issues and represent the brand at events
- Produce engaging and original content across platforms including print, online, video and social media
- Generate exclusive news on the people, companies and topics within it, as well as delivering original instant and long-form pieces of analysis and research on the wider implications of those stories
- Develop contacts in the industry to generate original and valuable pieces for our readers
- Written work should be accurate and well-structured
What we value
- Good experience of writing news, features, analysis, interviews
- Proven track record of seeking out off-diary and exclusive analysis, features or news and data-led articles
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of meeting short and long-term deadlines
- Able to work across multiple platforms including print, online, social media and video
- Start being able to generate own ideas and develop longer-term stories
- Must be able to manage a busy workload
- A good degree or equivalent
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Health Cash Plan (company paid)
- Life assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Corporate gym membership
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IM Foundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Plus a number of salary sacrifice benefits including cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments and many more!