Financial Reporting Council, Website Development Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Communications, Strategy & Resources
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work.
We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at frc.org.uk.
The FRC’s Communications team manages the regulator’s internal and external communications. We use multiple channels to ensure FRC announcements, reports, speeches etc. reach stakeholders effectively. These include press releases, subscriber notes, social media, podcasts, videos and so on.
The team also maintains the FRC website and intranet. The team is part of the Strategy & Resources Division which provides central services across the FRC, including HR, IT, Finance and Economic Analysis.
The role involves:
- Managing the relationship with digital comms support agencies
- Updating/maintaining FRC website content, including new documents and press notices. This involves extensive liaison with the FRC’s website supplier
- Responsible for publishing press notices and other documents on the FRC website for journalists and other stakeholders, including subscribers
- Managing the FRC’s subscriber list
- Developing and managing of the FRC’s intranet
- Playing a lead role in working group developing new website for emerging regulator
- Responsibility for budget management for new website development
- Monitoring developments in digital communications, especially by other UL regulators.
- Proposing and developing innovative content and delivery methods for the FRC website and intranet.
- Managing and implementing the FRC’s strategy for its website and intranet
The ideal candidate will have: •
- Significant experience in a similar relevant role – for example, internal communications, website management and control
- Technical understanding of digital content management systems and platforms for websites and intranets
- Branding and design principles
- Ability to juggle several different responsibilities and respond quickly to late requests for changes to digital content
The role is based in our City of London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer.
Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Please click 'Apply' to complete the Diversity Form and to send a copy of your CV and covering letter to the FRC Recruitment team.
In the covering letter, please set out, by reference to the person specification above:
- how you meet the required skillset
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
The closing date for applications is 25 February 2018.