Parent Zone, Head of Content
We are Parent Zone - we help families stay safe online and thrive in a digital world.
We're a social enterprise working with amazing partners like Google, Vodafone and Unilever as well as schools and local authorities.
Our evidence-based, expert content speaks to parents, children and young people about staying safe and well in a connected world, and covers everything from body image and self esteem to fake news and online radicalisation. We co-chair the Digital Resilience working group, and lead the conversation about connected families and young people.
We’ve got lots of ambitious, exciting projects underway (and more in the pipeline) - plus a new site to plan, populate and launch, a big SEO optimisation project, some exciting tools to build… and more. We need a super-creative, super-organized Head of Content who really, really wants to make a difference.
The role - Head of Content
You’ll have overall responsibility for all our in-house and agency content, running a busy, deadline-driven desk. We make content in the best format for the job - whether that’s a 2m print-run digital parenting guide, a face-to-face schools assembly programme, a viral video or our digital tech and app guides for parents
In an average week you’ll:
- Oversee multiple, simultaneous partner campaigns from kick-off to delivery
- Keep a tight rein on our production schedule, planning for bulges and managing competing deadlines
- Create winning pitches which showcase our creativity
- Lead and inspire a small team of in-house content creators and develop a roster of freelancers
- Create weekly online content which reaches digital families, responding to topical and emerging issues
- Write newsletters which our audiences want to open, and social content they want to share
- Use analytics to track the metrics that matter
Over the next year you’ll:
- Help develop our SEO strategy and implement it
- Work with our digital team on the UX of our new site
- Design the content for our new digital tools project/s
We’re looking for:
- An experienced manager who can juggle multiple projects without ever dropping a deadline or losing their head
- A creative writer/editor with impeccable syntax and a great sense of style and tone
- A really creative thinker who wants to use content to change lives
We’re based in Angel, a minute’s walk from Upper Street and twenty from Shoreditch and Kings Cross. We like fun and hard work, and we’re growing fast.
If this sounds like your cup of tea and you’ve got the skills, experience and drive for the role, drop a covering letter by completing the application form below, along with your CV and an example of your online writing by 5 March 2019.