Hearst Magazines UK, Luxury Content Lead
Hearst Magazines UK is looking for an experienced editor to join its branded content team to oversee content across our luxury titles.
As our Luxury Content Lead you will manage a team of editors responsible for the creation and delivery of quality content (both print and digital) to fulfil sponsored and branded commercial campaigns across all Hearst UK titles - with a key focus on Harper’s Bazaar, ELLE, Esquire and Town & Country.
The team will also work across Hearst Global campaigns, creating content in English to be translated and published on any of our Hearst titles around the world.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a team of editors - maintaining high levels of performance and motivation
- Work with sales teams to devise content strategies for creative, successful campaigns
- Liaise with clients and attend pitches as and when required
- Interpret briefs and commission freelance or in-house writers
- Edit/write copy to brief, while maintaining Hearst’s top editorial standards
- Build and produce digital content while utilising best practices for SEO and social media
- Oversee the content journey from pitch to publish, ensuring quality output along the way
- Ideate for and oversee creation of video and social content for branded campaigns
- Attend stills and video shoots to influence the concept and narrative
- Be aware and ahead of competitor business activity
- Be on top of trends, products and innovations that could improve our content strategy and widen our delivery scope
You will have extensive editorial experience - including commissioning, editing and ideation. They will be skilled at working with a 360, cross-platform approach. You will be able to work collaboratively and be comfortable leading content strategy. You will be excited by digital trends and the opportunity to dive into a fast-paced, quickly growing area of the business. You will be a true leader, able to manage and motivate a team.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have strong commissioning, writing and editing skills
- Have international experience, creating and adapting content for multiple markets
- Be able to pinpoint what makes a successful branded content campaign
- Ideally, have commercial or branded content experience, eg. copywriting/client management skills and experience of delivering successful projects from pitch to publish
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Be a true subject matter expert in the area of luxury content - and a have a willingness to communicate and share that knowledge effectively
- Have no shortage of creative ideas for innovative content solutions
- Be comfortable attending meetings with clients and creative agencies
- Have experience working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Have strong digital experience, comfortable writing and editing for the web and building content in a CMS
- Have a strong knowledge of SEO and social media strategy
- Have experience using Google Analytics and analysing content performance
- Have working knowledge of InDesign - for inputting and fitting copy
- Have strong communication and influencing skills, excellent time management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders
- Have experience generating ideas for video content - both onsite and social
- Know how to adapt content strategies across multiple platforms, including print, video, Snapchat Discover, Facebook, Instagram, FB Live, YouTube and digital articles
Click 'Apply' now.