C+D, Digital Reporter
As the leading news source for the UK’s community pharmacists, Chemist and Druggist (C+D) produces award-winning news and analysis spanning politics, business, the NHS, health, and even crime.
Our breaking news, exclusive investigations and social media campaigns are picked up by both local and national press. We also pride ourselves on our in-depth investigations, and use a range of platforms to reach our readership – from podcasts and live blogging to Twitter chats, Facebook Live and interactive graphics.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and tenacious reporter; eager to scope out fresh angles to news stories, and experiment with new ways to present content online.
You don’t need to have a background writing about the NHS, it’s more important that you can find fresh ways to deliver news and features, and really get to know and engage with our audience of dedicated healthcare professionals.
Can you live blog from an event? Use social media to source unusual news stories? Work with our digital designer to bring online features to life? And still pin down a government minister on a tough topic? Then we want to hear from you.
Working in our central London headquarters as part of the C+D team – named B2B Digital Editorial Team of the Year at the Association of Online Publishers’ Awards 2018 – the role will involve breaking exclusives and collaborating on thought-provoking analysis pieces. There will also be some UK-wide travel.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the news editor to set the brand’s news agenda, and write daily exclusive news stories for the UK’s community pharmacists
- Work with the features editor to write in-depth analyses on hot topics of interest to our readers, and contribute to campaigns to push for change in the industry and raise our profile
- Experiment with exciting ways to deliver C+D’s award-winning content, including videos and podcasts
- Take ownership of one of the brand’s social media channels
- Develop our content to grow our audience
- Represent C+D at external events – including the C+D Awards and C+D Careers Evenings – and in the wider media as appropriate
- Previous journalism experience
- Brimming with ideas for investigations, interactive content, campaigns and data-driven journalism
- Up-to-date knowledge of media and publishing law
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
- A passion for using new and social media to develop audience engagement
- Capable of quickly getting to grips with complex topics
Apply by completing the application form below.