Ink, Production Controller
Ink is looking for a fresh new production controller for a busy and fast-paced production department.
Reporting to (and working closely with) the Production Manager, you will have responsibility for your own titles but will also work as part of a team in prioritising the demands of the business and supporting your colleagues as necessary.
Working across a portfolio of magazines and digital assets, you should be able to manage multiple projects from outset to completion with an eye for detail.
The role requires excellent time management, good interpersonal skills and would appeal to a self-starter who loves to work in a small close-knit team.
- Liaise with clients to chase advertising copy, by phone and email and update database
- Check advertising copy thoroughly
- Ability to amend and design artwork for clients a must
- Proof and check pages before going to press
- Responsible for ensuring all pages are sent to press correctly
- Liaise with sales, editorial, finance, creative solutions and repro on a portfolio of magazines
- Ensure schedules are managed and met, accommodating changes to schedules if necessary
- Work within a small but dynamic team to produce award winning magazines from outset to completion
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar production role
- Excellent English written and verbal skills
- Must have worked in a highly-pressurised, fast paced environment
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Indesign and Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of both Macs and PCs would be useful
- Ability to prioritise, organise workload and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- A second language is important but not essential
Apply by completing the application form below.