New Statesman, Special Projects Writer
The New Statesman is looking for a versatile, talented and efficient writer to work on the Spotlight policy supplement, writing news, features and producing advertorials, and in producing other supplements on a variety of subjects.
- Sourcing features and interviews from parliamentarians, experts and business leaders
- Writing and editing news and features, both editorial and advertorial, on a broad range of subjects
- Sub-editing copy
- Working with layouts
- Working with clients to produce advertorials and supplements
- Research and ideas
- The role requires a broad general knowledge and an ability to learn quickly about different areas of policy. We’re looking for someone who is independent, creative and fascinated by the subjects the New Statesman covers
The ideal candidate will have:
- A journalism qualification or experience of working on an equivalent publication
- A knowledge of government policy and its effects
- Experience of commissioning and sub-editing
Apply by completing the application form below.
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the United Kingdom on a long term / permanent basis.