DatacenterDynamics, Senior News Reporter
DatacenterDynamics’ website and print magazine are central to the the company’s mission to engage and inform the data center industry. DCD offers training and intelligence, and runs events globally in the US, APAC and EMEA. It is the go-to global brand for data center intelligence, news and events.
The editorial team provides news, features and comment, both online and in print. It also helps to build DCD’s events, by building an aware community, proposing content and reporting breaking news.
Following the departure of our news editor to The Register, we need a journalist to serve as news editor and reporter, with a strong interest in technology.
Data centers are at the heart of a technology wave changing the world and the successful applicant will be someone who wants to understand and uncover stories about this important and little-understood sector; getting to know the community involved in building and expanding this industry.
Our site, magazine and events serve data center owners and operators, and we want someone who can find and write news stories and features for that audience, as well as edit other content and get involved with video and audio material.
The website has a hot line to the key issues of the industry through DCD's events and training divisions; you will work with these experts to produce reliable and authoritative content, bringing the implications of this sector to life.
You must have strong writing style, experience in news writing and editing, and a willingness to use social media.
You will work with Global Editor Peter Judge, Features Editor Sebastian Moss and Reporter Will Calvert.
There will be opportunities to report from tech industry events around the world, including DCD's own series of conferences. The team is well respected with Peter being one of the most distinguished voices in the industry, well known for his development of junior journalistic talent.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Source and write news for digital delivery to maintain web traffic and engagement
- Hit KPIs for news delivery and editorial
- Contribute features to our supplements and magazines
- Edit and post input from other members of the team
- Represent the company professionally, demonstrating the company’s culture and values at all times
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds, but candidates should possess :
- A relevant degree or equivalent
- 12- months to two years’ experience at a B2B Publisher
- Experience working with commercial partners to create engaging copy
- An understanding of the buyer journey to drive new subscriptions and downloads
- Interest in the technology industry and its ramifications
Holiday: 25 Days
Benefits: Birthday off, healthcare plan, industry trips and events.
Apply by completing the application form below.