IDS, Account Director - Maternity Cover
Based in Farringdon, IDS specialises in building and hosting fast, large-scale image databases for sourcing and delivering images.
Our flagship service idspicturedesk.com, which aggregates content from 100+ photo agencies, is used daily by all the major newspaper and magazine publishers in the UK to source visual content for their print and online titles.
We are constantly developing our portfolio of services, designed to automate many tedious manual tasks still undertaken by image buyers. Services such as image matching, reverse image searching and automatic keywording are all supported by our proprietary AI software.
We are looking for an organised, tech savvy, enthusiastic and experienced Account Director to join the team for up to a year. We would like someone to start by the beginning of April to allow for sufficient training and handover time.
- Account management: The successful candidate will be the first point of contact at the company for our customers offering frontline support, training and responding to general enquiries.
- Business development: You will arrange and attend meetings with the CEO and/or Sales Executive to attract further business from new and existing customers and help identify new revenue streams within the scope of our technology. You may also attend trade fairs or conferences to promote IDS’s services and meet new and existing contacts.
- Product development: You will help develop new tools and products through collecting feedback from customers and researching similar services available to the market.
- Document writing and basic design: You will put together marketing and promotional material and proposal documents in keeping with the IDS branding. You will also be asked for input into UX design and put together layout and mock up designs for new features and products.
- Office management: In addition to the above, you will be responsible for basic office management and upkeep. This involves a small amount of general admin and organisation.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Experience in the image licensing space, with an understanding of our customers’ needs. Existing contacts in image licensing / publishing a bonus.
- Tech savvy – we don’t require programming skills or in depth technical knowledge of databases but you need to be tech savvy and able to communicate with our customers technical as well as creative staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a friendly and professional approach.
- Highly organised – ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects with competing demands for resources
- Basic design skills with at least some experience of using any of the following: Photoshop, Powerpoint, InDesign, any other design programmes.
- Ability and willingness to turn your hand to any task. As a small company, roles are not very restricted to individual skills and responsibilities making the role varied and interesting.
Apply by completing the application form below.