Cosmopolitan, Features Intern
1 day left
- Full Time
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Cosmopolitan host a national conversation about lifestyle, work, fashion, fitness, beauty, celebrity and news stories that really affect our millennial readership.
Cosmopolitan is the number one selling glossy magazine for women and is committed to delivering market-leading content across a multitude of platforms. As the Features Intern you will be contributing to the efficient running of the features and entertainment department on Cosmopolitan.
From supporting both departments with research, admin and writing duties, they also support the Editor and Deputy Editor on the magazine on a daily basis. They contribute to both main features and celebrity interviews, as well as regular pages and all events that come under the Cosmopolitan brand.
The Features Intern is part of an extremely busy team of five, managed by both the Features Director and Special Projects Director.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pitching, researching and writing regular pages for both the features and entertainment departments. Examples include the First Love, Work Fails, My Cultured Life and Openers in the Know, Move, Earn, Play and Lust sections.
- Maintaining the upkeep of the Entertainment forward planner.
- Pitching features ideas in monthly features meetings and writing news stories and boxouts as well as long-form pieces when appropriate.
- Case study hunting – particularly couples for First Love pages
- Writing cross platform on both features and entertainment topics for Cosmopolitan.co.uk
- Assisting the features team with any forthcoming events they are working on.
- Liaising with the art, production and picture departments when required.
- Supporting the Editor and Deputy Editor, with admin tasks
- Ideas generation for the Know pages
- Liaising with PRs and maintaining those relationships
YOU'LL NEED TO BE:
- Able to constantly generate a range of brilliant features and entertainment ideas.
- Interested in both features and celebrity/entertainment journalism.
- Organised and calm under pressure, tenacious and able to use your own initiative to problem solve.
- Passionate about journalism and interested in developing your writing and researching skills.
- Able to balance the administrative demands of the role with the creative ones.
- Personable, well presented and a good ambassador for the Cosmopolitan brand.
- Positive, can-do attitude with willingness to work flexibly
- Proven research ability
- Comfortable in a fast-pace, deadline-driven environment
- Keen interest in news and current affairs
- Clear and confident communication skills
Please click 'Apply' with a CV, Cover letter, three opener ideas for the KNOW, LUST and EARN section and five features ideas that would be suitable for the READ section of the magazine.