Cosmopolitan, Social Media Manager
REPORTS TO: DIGITAL EDITOR
Cosmopolitan.com/UK is looking for a data-obsessed, strategically-minded Social Media Manager to lead the brand’s social strategy, driving engagement and growth across all social and video platforms.
Working directly with the Snapchat Editor and Animator to oversee the production of our award-winning Snapchat Discover channel, as well as the Multimedia Producer to implement a successful video strategy and grow revenue, the Head of Social will be responsible for amplifying Cosmopolitan’s presence across our Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube channels and ensuring we hit our demanding targets.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To oversee the day-to-day running and long-term strategy of Cosmopolitan UK’s social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and YouTube with clear goals to grow and engage the Cosmopolitan audience.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defining a strong social media strategy to retain and increase engagement, referral traffic and followings.
- Use creativity and the sharp, witty Cosmo tone to drive traffic to the website from all social media platforms.
- Manage the daily publishing schedule across our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter channels.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of our Cosmopolitan UK Snapchat Discover channel by working closely with the Snapchat Editor and Snapchat Animator.
- Daily monitoring of Crowd Tangle to see what’s trending on social and communicate content opportunities to section editors and writers.
- Lead the social media coverage of live ‘moments’ including events and TV shows.
- Work closely with the Multimedia Producer to determine a strong and viable video strategy to be implemented across our social platforms, as well as on-site that drives revenue growth.
- Act as the lead on social media projects involving coverage or promotion of events, partnerships, and key editorial moments across the brand.
- Drive forward best practice across the Cosmopolitan.com/UK social and editorial team.
- Constant awareness and communication of developments in terms of platforms, trends (both current and future) and how they apply to Cosmopolitan.com/UK.
- Weekly reporting of social successes, trends and engagement.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the social media space.
- A proven track record of running social media content production and strategy for a large-scale brand.
- A thorough understanding of each social media platform and best processes for publishing and growth.
- Comprehensive experience working with Google Analytics and social media analytics tools such as CrowdTangle, Dash Hudson and individual platform analytics is essential.
- Passionate about the Cosmopolitan brand, with a thorough understanding of our audience, our tone and what our priority platforms and formats are.
- The ability to implement and deliver a clear and cohesive platform-by-platform strategy that feeds into our overall brand goals, communicating this in a way that motivates and inspires.
- Be passionate about pushing boundaries, creating shareable, engaging and innovative social content that drives the brand forward.
- Photoshop experience is definitely preferred.
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience working towards and delivering challenging KPIs.
- Flexible working attitude and collaborative team player, ready to cover breaking news, generate meme ideas and remain calm under pressure.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your CV and the below:
- One example of how you would seed this story across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, with headline, sell and image suggestions.
- One Instagram stories franchise idea
- One video franchise idea to run on YouTube
- A brief covering letter of no more than 500 words explaining why you’re perfect for this role and detailing what you’d want to do with Cosmopolitan’s social media output over the next 6 months.