Burlington, Account Director
Burlington, London's leading PR agency for venture capital firms and technology companies, was established in London in 2016 to drive communications strategies for Europe’s premier technology companies, organisations and individuals.
We work with technology companies and investors at every stage from earliest seed through to explosive growth, in every sector from fintech to fashion and across all of Europe’s major tech hubs.
Our leadership team consists of senior communications professionals who have worked for tier one VC firms and technology companies, including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, Highland Europe, LocalGlobe, Blossom Capital, ASOS, Deliveroo, Farfetch, TransferWise and Uber, as well as journalism talents who have written for some of the most prestigious media brands including The Times, The Guardian, The Evening Standard, WIRED and the BBC.
While we’re based in the offices of leading early stage Venture Capital firm, LocalGlobe, next to Kings Cross station, we don’t believe in the ‘9-5 approach’ to public relations -- all of our team works flexibly and remotely when it suits them and our clients’ needs.
We are currently looking for an experienced account director to join our team, who is:
- plugged into the European tech ecosystem, and enjoys being a part of that ever-changing community
- used to generating story and campaign ideas, and loves seeing them land in media
- comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- fascinated by all things tech and digital, including the vital role of VC within the innovation industry
- ‘startup-minded’ by inclination, but with the confidence to deal with senior clients
- deeply knowledgeable about global business and tech media – with the contacts to match
- highly motivated, with at least 5-7 years PR experience
- skilled and passionate about ‘media relations’
- able to quickly get across a niche sector (e.g. an aspect of fintech, gaming or cyber security) and spot the strongest story angle every time
- up for the challenge of joining a small, growing agency and play a role in shaping its development
- able to play an integral role in understanding clients’ business objectives, provide strategic advice, build plans and drive delivery in line with budgets.
Apply by completing the application form below.