Port Technology, Digital Managing Editor
We are currently recruiting for a Managing Editor to work on our Print and Digital Journals for our London offices.
Published four times a year, Port Technology is the only technical preview and review of advanced technologies for ports, harbours and terminals world-wide.
The Managing Editor is an editorial position reporting directly to the Head of Production of the division. The position is to develop the annual editorial strategy across print, online, video, social and live events to support the PTI business development strategy.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the editorial team of 1x online editor and 1x assistant editor - including training, process implementation, quarterly and annual KPI performance assessment
- Produce & Edit 4 high quality technical journals and 10 Ejournals / year
- Source 30-40 technical papers for each bi-annual edition
- Create editorial direction and themes for up to 18 months into the future
- Research topics related to new port developments and automation technologies
- Proof read the Port Technology International technical and white papers
- Overlook the Porttechnology.org website with articles and directory information
- Maintain the PTI website with necessary content and manage social media activity
- Overlook the daily publishing of news and newsletters
- Assist with writing and distributing press releases and newsletters for the website
- Research articles relevant to industry conference topics and exhibitors for website news
- Research, plan, carry out, oversee the editing and publishing of client and speaker video interviews and other recordings (editorial and paid for)
- Contribute to agenda brainstorming, finalisation and speaker acquisition for divisional events and conferences
- Edit conference brochure and write up post-event reviews to publish online & on social
- Developing and enhancing our in-house team of journalists through regular mentoring and workshops;
- Leading and managing our editorial output, including setting the strategic direction, code of ethics and quality assurances of our content and titles;
- Managing the editorial department budget and expenditure;
- Manage the workflow of our team of journalists;
- Liaise closely with our production and commercial teams;
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience gained in a business to business editorial environment (maritime, transport or technology background highly desirable)
- Content production experience
- Highly organised and professional attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team but also initiative to work on your own
- Good sense for identifying business opportunities, new revenue streams and possibilities to sell across a whole portfolio
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary
- Achievable publication bonuses
- Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
Please send your CV by completing the application form below, or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.