Immediate Media, Production Editor - Primary
We’re looking for a Production Editor to work across several titles in our exciting Youth & Children’s department, covering preschool, primary and pre-teen magazines and including Disney and LEGO titles.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about producing quality content for children and is unflappable when juggling several different magazines at once with multiple deadlines.
You will work within one of our production-editing hubs, taking direction from the Group Production Editor.
You’ll be responsible for drawing together all the elements for your core titles.
- ensuring the layout of copy is in accordance with the title’s style and brand policy
- being responsible for scheduling copy, design, brand/internal approvals and any stickers, covermount artwork, polybags (plus any digital content)
- managing and maintaining the server and its space; ensuring a steady and manageable flow of work to keep production schedules running smoothly
- making sure each magazine hits the internal repro and external print deadlines
- following the in-house repro procedures correctly and efficiently so that all pages are ready to be sent to print; liaising with brand licensors to ensure that the finished product satisfies their (and our) requirement
- using your understanding of the preschool, primary and pre-teen brands, the Early Years and Primary Years Curriculum, children of different ages and parents to ensure activities are pitched correctly and offer value
- supporting the production-editing hub on a day-to-day basis, and liaising not only with the editorial team, but also with all other relevant departments – production, marketing, buying, advertising and repro.
Click 'Apply' now.