Hillingdon Council, Media & Campaigns Officer
Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job:
This is an exciting opportunity to work for London’s second largest borough as a Media and Campaigns Officer.
Reporting into the Media, Campaigns and Digital Manager, you will be a key player in the Corporate Communications team and be responsible for communicating the work the council does and the services it provides.
You will deliver high quality and cost effective external and internal communications, including campaigns, marketing materials and articles for our residents’ magazine and employee newsletter.
With a keen eye for a story, you will seek out proactive media opportunities and protect the reputation of the organisation through reactive media relations.
You will have frequent contact with senior politicians and business partner a variety of council services. You will also get the chance to work on various high-profile stories, including issues specific to Hillingdon, such as unaccompanied asylum-seeking children, High Speed Rail 2 and Heathrow expansion.
About the person
You will have a strong understanding of how the media works and demonstrable experience in media liaison.
Experience in delivering a range of successful proactive campaigns at the same time, from conception and the creation of communication plans, through to production and evaluation is a must.
In addition, you’ll have a sound understanding of digital communication channels.
For an informal discussion or further information about this role please contact Leo Tarring by calling 01895 250534.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- Local government average salary pension scheme.
- Free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre.
- A 36-hour week for all full-time staff.
- Generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a Maximum of 36 days.
- Career breaks.
- Flexible working hours.
- Season ticket loan.
- Access to a Credit Union.
- On-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre.
- Access to a wide range of training and courses.
- Discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council.
- Payment of professional fees where these are required.
- Discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes).
- Cycle purchase scheme.
- Car sharing scheme.
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses.
Click 'Apply' now.
Closing date: 17 March 2019.