TTG Media, Acting Features Editor
TTG started life in 1953 as the Travel Trade Gazette - the first weekly travel trade newspaper in the world. In the 65 years since then, TTG has continued to be the industry-leading B2B media bible, connecting, informing and inspiring travel professionals working across the UK and Ireland, alongside a portfolio of other publications.
Now a thriving, independent, multi-platform business, TTG Media is at the heart of the travel industry. We deliver not only news and educational content to our audience online and in print, but also offer a range of award ceremonies, conferences and networking events, plus bespoke marketing campaigns, recruitment, and so much more.
We are seeking an Acting Features Editor to manage our features output across online and print, originating features ideas, writing content and managing the output of a team of three direct reports under an initial nine-month contract.
Reporting into the Editor, the individual will be joining an award winning content team leading destination and business building content in one of the most exciting industry sectors in the UK today.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Acting Features Editor will take responsibility for:
- Commissioning, writing, editing and managing content across our Features and Toolkit sections in print and online
- Continuously honing and improving content and processes on the Features team to ensure freshness of ideas and efficiencies of workload
- Building relationships with PR agencies, tourist boards, other suppliers and advertisers, and other relevant stakeholders eg agent consortia and trade bodies to boost ideas creation, keep content relevant to readers, and provide value for advertisers
- Successfully managing the commissioning/freelance budget across the year
- Managing the deputy features editor, features reporter and special projects editor effectively to help them improve their ability and to develop as writers
- Supporting the commercial team by looking for and passing on commercial opportunities, and attending joint meetings to build relationships with key advertisers
- Contributing expertise and support more widely across the team on projects such as TTG Top 50 and the TTG Travel Awards
- Representing TTG at events – either during the day or occasionally evening
The ideal candidate:
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative thinker
- Resilient and focused
- Great people manager
- Experienced multitasker
- Excellent time management
- Have excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong creative flair and ideas generation
- Some people management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role elsewhere
- Experience of using a CMS
- An understanding of the travel industry is not essential, but would be extremely useful
Please apply in the first instance to TTG Editor Sophie Griffiths by completing the application form below.