Food and Travel, Editor
Food and Travel is the world’s leading gastronomic travel title. Launched over 20 years ago it has carved out a strong niche through a singular focus on quality: quality of ideas, quality of writing, quality of design, and quality of photography.
That niche has grown to eight local-language editions, published under license and directly in countries including; Germany, Italy, Portugal, Mexico, and Turkey
As a small, independently-owned business we have none of the politics and bureaucracy associated with our larger and slower-moving competitors.
We strive to be the best at what we do and expect the same from everyone in the team including commissioned writers – it is a rare challenge for the right editor to build on our current success and take it further.
The Editor is responsible for the editorial content of the publication.
- Commissioning work and editing original content with clarity
- Planning and developing the major themes of forthcoming issues
- Being aware of product or service developments about which the reader needs to be informed, including topical subjects at short notice
- Ensuring the editorial standards are set, maintained and improved
Managing a small team, you will schedule work appropriately and ensure deadlines are met and within budget.
As the international editions draw on the content generated in the UK for a significant share of their material you will liaise with and communicate forward plans to the other editors and ensure that their titles are in line with the editorial standards of the UK edition of Food and Travel magazine
You will represent the title at industry events and shows, in the UK and overseas, and at meetings with key clients when required. You will also be closely involved with our respected annual Awards
Please note that the role involves some travel and unpredictable hours, and a good appetite!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong editing, commissioning, and writing skills
- Ideally already have some digital expertise (SEO, social media, CMS savvy)
- Be comfortable editing and writing for the web as well as print
- Have good working knowledge of InDesign
- Have a strong eye for detail
- Be brimming with / deliver well thought-out ideas
- Be able to generate compelling cover-lines
- Understand the brand tone across print and digital platforms
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure with a small team not afraid to punch above its weight
- Be an experienced editor or passionate, keen, classically-trained deputy on a ‘grown up’ title who is ready to step up to the plate (no pun intended)
- Have a passion for travel and quality food
- Be a confident team player and have a great sense of humour
Apply in confidence by completing the application form below, including covering note outlining why you should be the next editor of Food and Travel magazine.
Apply for Food and Travel, Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly