Shares, Senior Reporter
AJ Bell-owned Shares magazine, a leading provider of news and comment for retail investors, is looking for a talented Senior Reporter to join the London team.
AJ Bell was voted one of the Sunday Times’s ‘100 best companies to work for’ in 2019 and is one of the fastest growing companies in the financial services sector.
Suitable candidates include experienced financial, investment or business journalists ideally with a track record of writing about stocks and funds. We will also consider individuals with professional experience writing for asset management companies.
Applicants must be able to deliver clean copy to tight deadlines and be able to explain complicated information in an easy-to-read manner for the general public.
The editorial team produces content on companies, funds, investment trusts and ETFs, as well as educational articles about investing.
The successful candidate will write articles for the daily online news service and weekly digital magazine and be able to generate a constant stream of fresh ideas. There will also be an opportunity to contribute to podcasts and videos.
The role includes a particular focus on the supermarket, mining and utilities sectors, although all candidates must be comfortable writing about any industry sector as well as covering the wide range of funds and broader investment topics.
- At least two years’ experience as a financial journalist for a newspaper, magazine or renowned website, or as a relevant investment industry professional.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, alongside good numeracy skills.
- Ability to work from 8am at least twice a week to write a market report.
- Detailed knowledge of the UK stock market and/or investing is highly desirable
In return, we’ll give you:
- A competitive salary.
- Opportunity to receive a twice-yearly discretionary bonus.
- 22 days holiday increasing up to 29 days with length of service.
- Holiday buy and sell scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Discounted private healthcare.
- Discounted investing charges.
- Paid study support for qualifications.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme.
- Free social events.
- Our modern office is based in the Southwark/London Bridge area, close to Borough Market.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (8am-4pm up to twice a week)
Click 'Apply' now.