#ThisMuchIKnow, Social Media Editor / Journalist
WARNING: This is not a job for people who like a safe desk job. #ThisMuchIKnow is an experimental news start-up, focused on innovation, interaction and engagement, building a news community where everyone feels invested.
Founded by journalist and broadcaster Emily Sheffield (former deputy editor of Vogue and Evening Standard columnist). #ThisMuchIKnow is all about exploring futuristic ways to share the news and seek conversation on the issues that matter. You need to be a natural risk-taker.
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, passionate, open approach to delivering, finding and sharing stories that grab you and feel important to our predominantly 22 to 37-year-old audience is an essential. You need to love culture and more importantly love interacting with people.
We are lo-fi and immediate. We ask questions of our audience all the time. This is a job that will require relentless curiosity, fearlessness and an entrepreneurial attitude, alongside exacting standards.
We are based at the Founders Factory offices who are helping us scale the business with the support of their in-house team as well as access to an unparalleled network of leading corporate partners.
As a female founder with children, I am very committed in supporting female journalists who are juggling home and work. Also I am passionate about seeking new voices in the media. Both #tmik and the Founders Factory celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- As our video journalist and picture editor, you will be responsible for producing informative, insightful and brilliant video journalism. Every day you will also be sourcing great imagery to accompany rolling news stories for Instagram and a news app. And correctly seek usage rights and feel confident at pulling video off social feeds (with permission), the internet and other sources and repurposing it for a great story.
- You will be pitching, developing, researching and writing short stories/scripts.
- Top candidates for this position will have a professional background in journalism and experience in reporting, conceptualising and executing basic motion graphics, shooting live video, as well as some key editing skills. We do prefer a lo-fi hand-held approach rather than long, expensive videos.
- You need to possess journalistic passion for chasing down original content and finding great human stories. And enjoy approaching and interviewing people, putting subjects at their ease.
- Top candidates will have a track record of creating highly-visual video stories that make sense of complicated topics, trends, and issues and feel comfortable working in a small start-up, entrepreneurial team.
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate technical skill, high creativity and devotion to getting the job done under deadline constraints.
- Willing to work flexibly to meet the demands of a 24/7 newsroom
- Comfortable under pressure and working at speed
- Close attention to detail
- Skills: Adobe Premiere Pro, Indesign and Photoshop (or similar)
Please apply by completing the application form below, including your CV alongside the following comments:
- What do you like about #TMIK and the news take we run in Stories?
- And what would you improve?
- What skills do you have that would particularly suit us?
- Where do you find the news?
Apply for #ThisMuchIKnow, Social Media Editor / Journalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly