#ThisMuchIKnow, News & Culture Journalist
WARNING: This is not a job for people who like a safe desk job. #ThisMuchIKnow is an experimental news start-up, focused on innovation, interaction and engagement, building a news community where everyone feels invested.
Founded by journalist and broadcaster Emily Sheffield (former deputy editor of Vogue and Evening Standard columnist). #ThisMuchIKnow is all about exploring futuristic ways to share the news and seek conversation on the issues that matter. You need to be a natural risk-taker.
About the role
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, passionate, open approach to delivering, finding and sharing stories that grab you and feel important to our predominantly 22 to 37-year-old audience is an essential. You need to love culture and more importantly love interacting with people.
We are lo-fi and immediate. We ask questions of our audience all the time. This is a job that will require relentless curiosity, fearlessness and an entrepreneurial attitude, alongside exacting standards.
We are based at the Founders Factory offices who are helping us scale the business with the support of their in-house team as well as access to an unparalleled network of leading corporate partners.
As a female founder with children, I am very committed in supporting female journalists who are juggling home and work. Both #tmik and the Founders Factory celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Seeking, editing and uploading daily news briefings on Instagram every day.
- Reactively working on breaking news stories.
- Researching new content pieces – be they for the #TMIK podcast, our app or Instagram. Accuracy, imagination and tenacity is essential.
- Plan future topics/ideas for #TMIK and provide fresh content away from the daily traditional cycle of news.
- Assist with securing well-known and interesting figures to be interviewed by #TMIK either that day as you chase a breaking story or for future topics and podcasts.
- Contribute to arts and general ‘features’ (whatever form they take – video, written, hybrid content) when required, including pitching ideas and developing them with the team.
- Ensure the Instagram feed constantly focuses on producing witty, engaging and topical subjects for our followers.
- Be fearless in your interview and delivery technique, consistently seeking out great stories our community can engage with.
- 2/3 years of writing/reporting and/or editing for either print, TV, digital publications, including news and arts/features experience.
- Experience of working in a newsroom to tight deadlines.
- Relaxed at talking to camera.
- Track record of commissioning/producing/writing quality pieces which have impact online.
- Experience of promoting journalism effectively on social media.
- Detailed knowledge of Instagram.
- Media law and IPSO knowledge through in-work training, an NCTJ qualification or other journalistic qualification.
- Basic SEO knowledge and strong headlining skills for social media.
- Added bonus skills: working knowledge of Adobe Design, video producing or on camera skills/editing skills. Podcast experience. Video production experience. Script writing for video/Instagram live reporting.
Due to a high number of applications we will try to get back to everyone but will not be able to provide individual feedback.
Please complete the application form below, sending us your CV and cover letter.
Apply for #ThisMuchIKnow, News & Culture Journalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly