GlobalData, Medical Reporter
Medical Technology - latest issue
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic journalist to write for our digital portfolio of medical technology publications.
From digital therapeutics and robotics to bioprinting and democratising patient data, the world of medical technology is changing fast. If you're passionate about the ideas revolutionising 21st century medical devices and would like to write for a global audience, then this may be the role for you.
This is an ideal opportunity for ambitious candidates looking to develop their career in journalism.
Knowledge of online media is essential as we combine both traditional web-based articles with an interactive digital magazine format to provide readers with exciting and creatively presented stories from across the medical spectrum.
The successful candidate will attend events and press briefings regularly and be prepared to cultivate lively and engaging discussions with readers through our various social media channels.
- Educated to degree level; media or journalism qualification preferable
- Writing portfolio including published work (scans or links only, no hard copies)
- Experience in digital publishing and SEO
- Comfortable conducting interviews and using social media
- Write long-format features for our medical publications
- Write and edit daily news stories
- Keep up with demanding deadlines with superb organisation and a knack for a quick turnaround
- Follow the lifespan of an article using social media streams to share stories and engage with readers
- Attend events and press conferences to pick up stories and build contacts with public relations, industry, government and academia.
- Contribute feature ideas and attend regular planning sessions
- Conduct telephone and face-to-face interviews
- Source images, videos and infographics to accompany features and blogs
To apply, please complete the application form below sending us your CV and cover letter.