The Telegraph, Shopping Editor
The Shopping Editor will be responsible for creating and enacting a new shopping strategy for The Telegraph’s fashion channel, across all platforms from print to digital to social, with the express purpose of driving subscriptions and registrations.
They will make The Telegraph’s shopping content into a daily destination which excites a new community of engaged readers.
The editor should have a sharp sense of the latest trends and themes which are relevant to The Telegraph’s existing audience as well as new readers. They should be enthusiastic and confident about taking the lead in finding innovative digital ways to communicate all things shopping-related.
- Creating a weekly digital plan of styling and shopping advice articles which draw and retain new readers.
- Creating a weekly roster of ultra-useful online shopping galleries across existing and new franchises.
- Promoting all The Telegraph’s shopping content via social media, always with an eye on new and innovative ways to do this.
- Taking Stella’s Smart Shopping franchise to the next level, working closely with senior editors to plan and create features and edits which are unmissable.
- Working with senior editors on planning, compiling and editing the magazine front of book pages to make them as compelling and digitally effective as possible.
- To work with the SEO team to create a subscription-driving evergreen content plan and ensure this is carried out and maintained to the highest standards.
- To look at shopping content across The Telegraph’s print portfolio and contribute wherever necessary to building on the publication’s existing reputation for beautiful, relevant and unmissable edits which translate seamlessly online.
- To be prepared to write news stories or create on galleries around big events as and when needed.
Essential skills required for the role:
- A proactive, can-do and collaborative approach, with the confidence to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- An encyclopedic knowledge of trends, brands and product which The Telegraph’s fashion audience should know about.
- Excellent proficiency with social media platforms, especially Instagram.
Additional skills useful for the role:
- CMS, Photoshop and SEO proficient
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a 24-hour news cycle
- Ability to write quickly and with flair.
Click 'Apply' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.