Sleek Magazine, Creative Editor - Maternity Cover (Berlin)
Sleek Magazine is a quarterly print publication and digital platform. We cover culture, fashion, art, tech and current affairs, and are present in over 35 countries.
Established for over 17 years and headquartered in Berlin, we are seeking an experienced Creative Editor for a year-long maternity cover, 3 days a week, to oversee the visual output of SLEEK Magazine.
- Manage and oversee all images going into the magazine
- Work closely alongside Editor in Chief in producing the magazine - idea generating, attending shoots, image proofing and more - act as magazine point of contact in absence of Editor in Chief
- Alongside Editor in Chief conceptualise fashion editorial pitches with photographers (and teams) for editorial and branded shoots
- Act as point of contact for Art Directors on all articles and what the creative will be, have strong visual ideas at planning stage and report in to Editor in Chief weekly with updates
- Develop contacts with photographers, fashion editors and stylists, stay ahead of what is cutting edge in photography, fashion, culture
- Oversee visual creative for branded print and digital content, work with production team on these projects
- Manage picture budget and all picture invoices
- Minimum three years experience in a fashion and culture print publication with a track record of commissioning fashion photography editorials and an eye for the next big talents
- Experience commissioning high profile photographers and working with them on stories, supporting photographers where needed
- Understanding of the current media landscape
- Have excellent contacts in the world of fashion and fine art photography and a good network in Europe and the US
- Collaborative approach, comfortable working under regular deadlines
- Understand the needs of SLEEK stories, print, digital and branded
Please apply with your CV, portfolio and a cover letter by completing the application form below.