Economist Films, Social Audience Producer - 1 Year FTC
Economist Films is the award-winning factual production arm of the global current-affairs newspaper, The Economist.
Economist Films captures The Economist’s globally curious outlook in short, mind-stretching films, which offer clear, sharp analysis of a subject, presented in a compelling and digestible way.
On average our films are viewed 30 million times across 15 platforms every month. They are distributed via the publisher’s editorial channels and social platforms including Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram IGTV. They can also be viewed on Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Android TV & ROKU, among others.
Economist Films is looking for a highly skilled and talented Audience Producer to join the production team.
You will be an integral part of the team tasked with developing and launching a new weekly format for our YouTube channel and will be responsible for developing an ongoing and proactive dialogue with our audience on the platform.
This is an opportunity to help define a new and important role, as we seek to extend the opportunities for our audience to engage in a meaningful way with our editorial team throughout the week.
How you will contribute:
- You will extend the narrative (and exploration of) our editorial video via direct interactions with our audience on YouTube.
- Generate original and compelling ideas and concepts for a new weekly YouTube format.
- Work closely/maintain strong relationships with Economist Editorial journalists
- To provide support to the Executive Producer/Series Producer by undertaking/coordinating research into any subject or issue relevant to the editorial ambitions of Economist Films
- You will also evaluate information and material and present it to the senior editorial staff in an appropriate form as required
- Liaise with The Economist's core social media team to ensure consistency of voice across all social platforms
The ideal skills for this role include:
- The ideal person for this position will have extensive experience building engagement with an audience on social media (whether on or off-camera).
- You will have the journalistic knowledge and communication skills to facilitate and encourage discussion
- Adept at interpreting and responding to the platform’s analytics
- You will understand The Economist, our editorial content and our core values
- You should be able to demonstrate experience in originating and developing ideas and treatments, in script writing and producing online film and video
- You will be confident with self-shooting and you will have direct experience of creating content for YouTube
- Experience producing live content for YouTube would also be useful
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please click 'Apply' to submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.