Factiva, Content Analyst - Korean & English (Singapore)
Content and data management are core functions for Factiva. The aim is to enhance the user experience by making Factiva's world-class content accessible and digestible.
Content Analysts are curators, media experts able to cut through the chaff. They live and breathe in the digital world, are versatile in online search and in Factiva's filter technologies.
In their role, Content Analysts are also innovators, with a direct line to the product team and regular interaction with sales and clients. They help shape the digital appearance of one of the most reputable media brands.
Content Analysts monitor industries and/or topics, and manage featured content in those areas. They also monitor licensed, website, blog and social media content.
The role requires the ability and experience to develop search strategies, and to draw relevant results from large amounts of data.
Content Analysts participate in curation for customized newsletters for specific clients and for product features like Home Pages and Factiva Expert Search. They have a strong interest in news.
- Selecting news in the Factiva database, creating filters and developing search strategies to gather relevant results out of large amounts of data, with a focus in Korea
- Producing daily newsletters. Accurately summarizing news articles in a few sentences in correct English, capturing the most important facts.
- Maintaining web agents to make sure that we crawl as much content and as efficiently as possible as well as adding new valuable sites to the database.
Key Relationships Internally and Externally
- Functional reporting to the regional Content Curation Manager.
- Work effectively with a variety of internal resources and ensure customer issues are handled consistently and effectively. These include individuals in different locations, and from Product, Content, Marketing, Customer Service and Sales.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Proven experience in research. Strong technical understanding of online research tools. Ability to process large amounts of data.
- General knowledge and personal interest in digital media. Strong interest in political and economic news.
- Organisational sensitivity and commercial awareness, with a good perception of client needs and able to take responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Ability to adjust plans quickly when issues arise and make sure that priority issues are handled effectively to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Fluency in English and Korean language.
- Educated to degree level and with excellent research and analytical skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines independently and as part of a team.
Please click 'Apply' to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).