Editor - Custom Studios, Dow Jones - NY
The award winning Dow Jones' in-house Studio unit, is a fast-growing team of energetic writers, content and creative strategists, videographers, designers, photo editors and developers.
The work spans a variety of forms -- short- and long-form reported articles, immersive digital experiences, documentary videos, data visualizations, animations and more.
This is an on-site (NYC) full-time position. The Dow Jones stable of brands includes: The Wall Street Journal, WSJ. Magazine, MarketWatch, Barron's, Mansion Global, Moneyish, and more.
The Dow Jones Custom Content team is looking for an editor who can come up with creative ideas for branded content and manage complex editorial packages.
The editor will work closely with writers, designers and developers to create custom content marketing campaigns. The editorial team is responsible for the creation of content across multiple platforms, including websites, digital hubs, apps, e-newsletters, magazines, events, infographics, custom surveys and video.
You will apply your journalistic skills and editorial expertise to create industry-leading content while helping clients achieve their goals
- Lead and oversee the creation of comprehensive and compelling editorial platforms and ideas for branded content programs
- Be responsible for the end-to-end editorial process -- ideation, writing, editing, fact-checking, proofreading
- Collaborate with multiple in-house teams to create award-winning content for our partners
- Manage projects and make sure that content and integrated campaigns come in on time and on budget
- Be adept at coming up with ideas for multimedia projects that include video, text, photography and infographics to tell a story
- Be skilled at analyzing data and writing compelling headlines and social media posts
- Manage both in-house and freelance writers
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of writing/reporting experience
- Experience managing multifaceted projects
- Proven ability to come up with creative concepts
- 1-2+ years of client-facing experience
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).