Copywriter - Professional Information Business, Dow Jones - NY
This is an exciting opportunity to join the rapidly expanding B2B marketing, creative and demand gen team at Dow Jones, a leading news, data and information powerhouse.
We are looking for a Copywriter for our Professional Information Business, to work across a suite of products and brands on B2B marketing campaigns and communications programs that motivate, influence and inspire audiences.
You will be part of our in-house creative function, comprising design, copywriting and development responsible for product, event, and campaign messaging, as well being a significant contributor to thought leadership and content marketing efforts.
You will collaborate with the Marketing Directors and subject matter experts from across our diverse products and brands to deliver outstanding, high-quality writing for use in a variety of marketing channels-from short social media and blog posts, to in-depth use cases and case studies.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of translating complex and technical information into compelling copy.
Ultimately, you will create informative and engaging content about our products, brands and services that effectively engages and captures target B2B audiences and drives demand.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Write clear, persuasive, articulate and original copy.
- Translate service/product information and creative propositions into innovative concepts, impressive event communications, compelling sales materials and engaging digital campaign components.
- Write compelling copy for multi-channel marketing campaigns, including web, email, social and events.
- Use SEO practices to optimize articles and increase visibility.
- Shape language and tone used in marketing communications.
- Interview clients, industry experts and internal teams.
- Edit and proofread copy, articles and thought leadership written by partners and/or colleagues.
- Maintain brand and tone of voice consistency across all channels.
Qualifications & Criteria
- Proven work experience as a B2B Copywriter, Product Copywriter or similar role.
- Excellent writing, copy editing and proofreading skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to write compelling, clear, error free, creative copy for a variety of mediums-for large pieces of content (e.g. product descriptions) and smaller texts (e.g. social media posts).
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Logic, creativity and imagination.
- Portfolio of marketing communications deliverables, with examples for multiple channels.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress).
- BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).