Associate Editor - Technology, Barron's - NY
Barron's is looking for thoughtful, curious, and intellectually brave writers to join a growing team.
We're looking for an experienced writer and editor who is:
- knowledgeable and passionate about the tech industry, as well as technology's transformative effect on every other industry, with an extensive network of relevant sources and a practical understanding of the issues investors consider when making investment decisions
- adept at analyzing corporate financial statements, explaining corporate finance and strategy in a compelling and accessible way
- using reporting and objective analysis to find inefficiencies in the marketplace and to make stock and sector-specific calls
- willing to express strong views on financial markets
- equally skilled at writing in-depth feature articles and quick insightful pieces of analysis
- accustomed to and energized by the pace of a digital newsroom and reliable at turning in excellent stories under tight deadline pressures
- experienced in data analysis and in collaborating with designers on data visualizations
- excited about experimenting with different forms of storytelling, on a variety of digital platforms as well as in print
- comfortable engaging with audiences on video, podcasts, and at live events
- relentlessly committed to factual accuracy
- an expert player/coach who can mentor junior reporters in both financial analysis and reporting
- skilled at collaborating and influencing editorial strategy from a distant bureau
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).